REQUESTING DOWNLOADABLE MATERIALS
You can request downloadable ebooks and digital audiobooks using the form on this page. If you would like to be notified if the Overdrive Beehive Library Consortium is able to purchase a downloadable title in the future, you can use the "Notify Me" feature available through the Libby App.
How to request items on Libby:
- Open the Libby app on your smartphone or view the browser version at libbyapp.com/library/beehive.
- This functionality was previously available on the overdrive website. However, you will now need to complete requests by adding a smart tag to the title on the app. Additional instructions on how to request items through Libby can be found here.
- Search for the title you are looking for. If it is not in our collection it will not automatically appear in your search results. Click on the filter button (three horizontal lines). Then you will need to scroll down to click on "Deep Search". This will show additional results including materials that aren't in our collection.
- If the item still does not appear, the publishers of the work have probably not released it to libraries to purchase in that format. Feel free to complete the form on this page and we will verify that it is not available for purchase.
- If the item does appear, click "Notify Me" on the right side of the cover icon. This will anonomously notify your library that a patron is interested in that title. The app will then notify you if and when the title is aquired. More detailed instructions pertaining to the "Notify Me" tag are located here.
More information on how to use the "Notify Me" feature can be found on the Overdrive Beehive Library Consortium website.
The difference between requesting things here and requesting things through Libby:
The Provo City Library is a part of the Beehive Library Consortium. This consortium is administered through the Utah State Library and provides us access to a much larger collection than we would be able to purchase on our own. Requests made through Libby go to the consortium for purchase consideration.
Because the consortium is buying ebooks and digital audiobooks for a larger population, they sometimes purchase things that our library would not buy. Downloadable materials are often very expensive and we only purchase things that we know will be popular enough to justify the cost.
Benefits of requesting items from the Beehive Consortium:
- Your account is automatically notified when the title is available if it is purchased by the consortium!
- Requests can often be made before a title's publication date! If you are anxious for something that is scheduled for release within the next few months, you may be able to find it on the Libby, place your request, and be notified when the item is available.