WHAT IS INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) is borrowing and lending materials between libraries.
- Anyone with a Provo City Library card in good standing may request an ILL item.
- We do not charge for interlibrary loans. If the item you requested is only available with charges, we will consult you before borrowing the item.
- Please see the Interlibrary Loan Policy for more information.
WHAT CAN I REQUEST FROM INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
Books and Audio/Visual materials- The publication date should be older then six months.
Newspapers - Photocopies of specific articles may be requested.
Magazines - Photocopies of specific articles or whole issues may be requested. Most libraries will send or fax articles; some will lend the entire magazine.
HOW DO I REQUEST AN ITEM?
- Fill out the InterLibrary Loan Request Form on this page, or speak with a librarian at the Reference Desk, or over the phone (801-852-6661).
- Only three requests may be active at a time.
- You must fill in your name, library card number, contact information, and the full title and author of the requested item. Please include an ISBN if possible and other information as necessary.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I MAKE A REQUEST?
- Materials usually arrive within 2-3 weeks, but there is no way to predict the actual arrival date.
- When the item arrives we will call or send you an email. We will also notify you if we are unable to borrow your requested item.
- Items may be picked up at the 1st Floor Reference Desk.
- The lending library sets the loan period. Each item will be marked with a Provo City Library band that will indicate when the item is due. Please do not remove the band.
- Items may be returned by either placing them in the book drop or returning them to the 1st Floor Reference Desk.
- There is a late fee of $0.50 per day owed to the Provo City Library. You are also responsible for any late fees to the lending library.
Renewals depend on the lending library. If you need additional time, please check with us at least three business days before the due date.
REQUESTING OBITUARIES FROM THE DAILY HERALD
- Provo City Library owns microfilmed copies of the Provo Daily Herald and its predecessors dating back to 1888 (with some years and issues missing over the first forty years).
- Visit our Requesting Obituaries page to submit a request for a copy of an obituary.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Reference Desk at 801-852-6661.