The "Heber Creeper" was the nickname of the railroad branch of the Denver & Rio Grande that ran between Provo and Heber. The branch line was completed in September, 1899 and continued running until 1967.
When originally in operation, the railroad came right down 200 West (originally H street) and arced into the other rails down below 600 South (originally 1st Street).
After the railroad's demise, a portion of the line was resurrected and ran between Heber and Bridal Veil Falls 1, until the late 1980s. The line was then shortened to run from Heber to Vivian Park 2,. Due to safety concerns, the rails running between Vivian Park and Bridal Veil Falls were removed in 1996. In 1992 the Utah Legislature created the Heber Valley Historic Railroad Authority and appropriated $1,000,000 to restore the railroad. The railroad is now known as the Heber Valley Railroad, running between Heber and Vivian Park in Provo Canyon.