Historical Provo through Provo Library's Special Collections
Where is the Special Collections Room?
The Special Collections Room is located on the 2nd Floor of the Rogers Wing, the same floor where Non-Fiction materials are found.
What is in the collection?
A selection of both historic or rare and modern books and other materials documenting the history of Provo, Utah County, and the state of Utah.
Can items be checked out?
Items in our Special Collections area must be used within the library. Simply talk with a Reference Librarian to gain access to the materials you are interested in viewing. Under current copyright laws, some items can be photo copied and others cannot.
Discover more about the remarkable history of people in Provo
- A-Z list of historical people in Provo
- Search Provo founders and pioneers
- Mayors of Provo timeline
- Obituary and cemetery information
- Provo Oral History Project
Find historical information about local places
- A-Z list of historical places in Provo
- Historical photographs
- Brief histories of significant places and locations
- Utah State History Map Gallery
Search for important events in local history
- Local history books
- Provo City timeline
- Timeline of Utah County newspapers
- Utah Digital Newspaper Project